This Best-Ever Chicken Salad recipe is really the perfect go-to chicken salad for sandwiches or on top of a green salad. You could easily add crumbled bacon, or raisins, or cashews, or even mix in a little curry powder to the mayo. Of course, homemade mayo puts this salad over the top. But again, a good quality store-bought mayonnaise works perfectly well, too. 145% Loon Approved!
Hey! Watch us show you how easy it is to make this truly incredible Best-Ever Chicken Salad recipe!
WHAT MAKES THIS THE BEST-EVER CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE?
I love to roast chicken pieces ahead of time, but you can also easily purchase a rotisserie chicken from your local supermarket and use that instead. Either way, this chicken salad is so tasty and can also be adjusted to fit your favorite tastes. We think the addition of seedless grapes, almonds and fresh dill are part of what make this chicken salad so wonderful.
OUR HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE RECIPE IS EASY AND MAKES THIS BEST-EVER CHICKEN SALAD TRULY THE BEST!
And if you really are in the mood to make this truly the BEST-EVER chicken salad…make your mayonnaise from scratch.
There’s nothing better than homemade classic mayonnaise (click for recipe). I mean, just think how really amazing this recipe would be if you made the mayo from scratch!!
The rave reviews for this recipe just keep pouring in. Try it and you’ll see what all the fuss is about!
The flavor combo simply cannot be beaten.
And it’s even better after it sits in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight!
I mean, just look how delicious this Best-Ever Chicken Salad recipe looks!
Wait until you taste it!! You and those around you will love it!
How about a close up of all this deliciousness? You can almost taste how good this is just by looking at it.
There is a reason this is hands down the most popular chicken salad recipe not only on How To Feed a Loon, but on the internet, too!!
Best-Ever Chicken Salad
- 3 - 4 lbs chicken parts (bone-in, skin-on thighs and breasts work well) (You'll need about 4 cups)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved (red and green varieties are great)
- 1 cup almonds, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon, then add more, to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Rub the olive oil all over the chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 165°F using an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let cool. Remove the skin then pull the meat from the bones and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, grapes, almonds, celery, scallions, dll, & parsley.
- In a small-medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the mayo/mustard mixture to the chicken mixture and gently stir until well mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve on a bed of greens with sliced tomatoes and avocado. Or, serve on bread with green leaf lettuce. Add more toppings to your taste!