This amazing Asian slaw really is – amazing. The flavors are so bright and refreshing. As Springs kicks in full-time, and Summer is just around the corner, be sure to put this in your line-up for perfect salads for BBQs, parties and get-togethers. You can easily make the dressing up to 2 days ahead of serving. Cut the veggies up and keep in large air-tight containers. Within an hour of serving, place the veggies in a bowl, and then dress, tossing well. Keep in cool place until ready to serve. Give it one more toss…and you and everyone else will LOVE this amazing Asian slaw! It’s so good!
Amazing Asian Slaw
FOR THE DRESSING
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 6 tbsp good-quality olive oil
FOR THE SLAW
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 large carrots peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, cut into matchsticks
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro optional
- 8 green onions thinly sliced, green and white parts
- 6 tbsp rice vinegar
In a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients (can be made and refrigerated up to 2 days before using)
If the dressing has been in the fridge: Let dressing stand for at least 30 minutes at room temp before tossing with the slaw.
In a large bowl, combine the slaw ingredients.
Add dressing and toss to coat well.
Season with salt and pepper (a good pinch of each).