This post is kindly sponsored by Pacific Foods but the recipe, photography, video, and opinions are 100% ours.
Let’s take an iconic dish, make it healthier, and use some of the best ingredients on the planet to create one of the most delicious dishes in town. Shall we? Let’s do it!
We are so are excited to have partnered with the amazing Pacific Foods to bring you this wonderful twist on such a classic dish. Loaded with incredible flavor and the creamy mushroom sauce puts it over the top. And thanks to the air fryer, it’s ready in a fraction of the time as the original. And healthier, too!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CORDON BLEU MEATLOAF
You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to bring this amazing meatloaf together.
We’ll show you how to re-create the iconic dish but as a meatloaf!
Watch us show you how easy it is to make a Cordon Bleu Loaf in your air fryer, and top it off with an incredible mushroom sauce!
THE INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
Of course, the key ingredient here is chicken. Lean ground chicken works wonderfully. And everything else just falls into place.
You’ll also need:
- An egg
- Onion and garlic
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh parsley
- Panko bread crumbs
- Slices of ham and Swiss cheese
The sauce is perfect in its simplicity. You just need sauteed mushrooms, Pacific Foods Organic Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup, milk, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
FORMING THE LOAF
After you have thoroughly mixed together the ingredients for the meatloaf (except the ham and cheese), it’s time to form the loaf.
A rectangular piece of wax paper makes the process much easier. Simply spread the chicken mixture on a piece of wax paper about 2 feet long. The thickness of the meat mixture should be about ½-inch in thickness.
Next, add a layer of the ham slices and then the cheese slices. Now comes the fun part, use the wax paper to help you form the loaf by rolling the meat mixture over the ham and cheese, as if forming a jelly roll.
Slowly keep rolling the wax paper, helping the chicken mixture pull away from the paper as you roll.
Once you have completed the roll, transfer the loaf to a cutting board.
Use your fingers to seal the end and smooth the loaf all over.
This Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu is as much fun to put together as it is delicious to eat!
HOW TO COOK THE MEATLOAF IN YOUR AIR FRYER
We recommend creating two aluminum foil slings to help you transfer the loaf to the air fryer for cooking and then also for easy removal.
After the loaf has cooked for 25 minutes, you’ll want to stop the air fryer and carefully press the buttered Panko bread crumbs to the loaf. Close the air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes, until the bread crumbs are golden and the internal temperature is 165°F.
EXPERT TIP: Create the aluminum sling by folding a rectangle of foil (about 18 to 24 inches by the width of the roll). Lengthwise, fold one side in and then the other. The width of the sling shouldn’t exceed an inch. If it’s too wide, then the foil will cover the ventilation holes in the basket and prevent the hot air from circulating around the loaf. NOTE: The foil slings in the image below were a little too large, and we needed to reduce the size mid-way through cooking.
THE PERFECT SAUCE FOR AIR FRYER CORDON BLEU MEATLOAF
This meatloaf is moist and loaded with flavor. But, it needs a sauce. A really, really good sauce. A creamy mushroom sauce is just the ticket.
While the meatloaf is cooking, we started the sauce by sautéing sliced mushrooms and then seasoning them with salt and pepper. The next part is so easy.
Our friends at Pacific Foods have done the heavy lifting for us and made an Organic Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup that is perfect for this sauce. This box of goodness is a savory base of mushrooms combined with garlic and crème fraiche. It delivers on taste and texture and is pure perfection as the star in this sauce for our Air Fryer Cordon Bleu Meatloaf!
IDEAL FOR A WEEKNIGHT MEAL OR SPECIAL OCCASION
After you’ve carefully removed the meatloaf from the air fryer, and the amazing sauce is keeping warm on the stove, it’s about time to serve this incredible dish.
A sharp knife is all you need to slice the loaf into about 1-inch thick slabs.
Gorgeous. And your kitchen is going to smell heavenly. The entire dish is on the table in less than an hour, from start to finish, making it perfect for a weeknight meal, but it’s so stunning in presentation and taste, you’ll hit a home run when serving it at a dinner party.
PACIFIC FOODS ELEVATES YOUR FAVORITE DISHES
We just can’t rave enough about Pacific Foods. They have such a wonderful array of soups, broths, stocks and plant-based beverages. Their time-honored recipes and just a few simple ingredients showcase each ingredient’s true flavor and inherent nutrition. There are no additives or preservatives in their awesome products.
And the Organic Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup puts the sauce and this dish over-the-top in pure deliciousness.
This is such a show stopper of a dish and it is really so simple to prepare.
Be sure to use Pacific Foods Organic Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup for the wonderful sauce.
Just take one more look at this platter of goodness. It’s unique, fun, and incredibly delicious! Want another air fryer recipe? Try our Air Fryer Shrimp and Artichoke Phyllo Triangles!
Ready to make this amazing dish? Go for it!
And don’t forget, when you serve, be sure to take a picture of it, post it to Instagram and tag @howtofeedaloon and @pacificfoods!
Air Fryer Cordon Bleu Meatloaf with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
FOR THE MEATLOAF
- 1½ lbs ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped, divided
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs divided, ¼ cup for loaf, rest for topping
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 6 slices black forest ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz mushrooms fresh, sliced
- 1 12 oz box Organic Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper freshly ground
MAKE THE MEATLOAF
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, egg, onion, garlic, Dijon, 2 tbsp parsley, and ¼ cup Panko.
- Place the chicken mixture on a rectangle piece of wax paper.
- Flatten the chicken mixture into a rectangle that is approximately 8"x12" with a thickness of ½-inch.
- Place the ham slices on the chicken mixture and then place the Swiss cheese on top of the ham.
- Using the wax paper, begin rolling the meat mixture, starting at the short end of the rectangle. Do this as you would roll a jellyroll. Use your hands to help release the chicken mixture from the wax paper. It will be sticky to the touch.
- Form two aluminum foil slings by taking a large rectangle of foil, and folding in the sides. Place them in a cross (perpendicular to each other) and then gently place the loaf on top of them. Use your fingers to seal the sides and gently smooth the meat mixture across the loaf.
- Use the slings to carefully lift the loaf and place it into the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 400°F for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining ¾ cup of Panko with the melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Once the 25 minutes is complete, open the basket, and carefully press the Panko onto the top and sides of the loaf. Be careful, the loaf will be hot!
- Close the basket and resume cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Make the sauce by sauteeing the mushrooms in 2 tbsp of melted butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the condensed soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until heated through.
- Open the basket and check the internal temperature of the meatloaf, it should be at least 165° when inserted into the chicken mixture (not the ham or cheese).
- Use the sling to remove the loaf from the basket. Use a sharp knife to slice the loaf into 1-inch slices.
- Arrange on a serving platter and pour the creamy mushroom sauce over the top. Garnish with remaining chopped parsley. Serve at once.