These Marinated Olives are so incredibly simple to put together, and yet the flavors are so fresh and delicious. Another easy, but super elegant appetizer. Be sure to choose a mixture of colors and textures when selecting olives. Varieties such as Kalamatas, Black Nicoise Olives, Green Cerignola can usually be found a most well-stocked supermarket olive bars. Just be sure to not get pre-marinated olives, look for ones that are in water or a brine. These are always a hit at parties! 135% Loon Approved!
- 2 cups mixed pitted olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¼ cup good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- If the olives are in a brine, drain them.
- In a large bowl, combine the olives, garlic, red pepper flakes, orange zest, and olive oil and toss well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the olives marinate at room temp for at least 2 hours, or for up to 24 hours before serving.