This Best-Ever Chicken Salad is really the perfect go-to chicken salad for sandwiches or on top of a green salad. You could easily add crumbled bacon, or raisins, or cashews, or even mix in a little curry powder to the mayo. Of course, homemade mayo puts this salad over the top. But again, a good quality store-bought mayonnaise works perfectly well, too. 145% Loon Approved!
I love to roast chicken pieces ahead of time, but you can also easily purchase a rotisserie chicken from your local supermarket and use that instead. Either way, this chicken salad is so tasty and can also beadjusted to fit your favorite tastes.
Watch us make the Best-Ever Chicken Salad here, and then see the full recipe below!
You could easily add crumbled bacon, or raisins, or cashews, or even mix in a little curry powder to the mayo.
These have become my new all-time favorite mixing bowls. So durable, handy, and affordable. I can’t believe I’m so excited over bowls!
It’s all about using fresh ingredients. This truly is the Best-Ever Chicken Salad! The flavor combo simply cannot be beat. And it’s even better after it sits in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight!
- 3 - 4 lbs of chicken parts (bone-in, skin-on thighs and breasts work well) (you'll need about 3 to 4 cups of cooked chicken)
- 2 tablespoons quality olive oil
- 1 cup of seedless grapes, sliced in half (red and green varieties are great)
- 1 cup almonds, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (start with ½ teaspoon, then add more, to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Rub oil all over the chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes (internal temp should reach 165 F). .
- Remove the chicken, let cool, then pull the meat from the bones and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, grapes, almonds, celery, scallions, dill & parsley
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken mixture, and gently stir until will mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve on a bed of green leaves with sliced tomatoes and avocado. Or, serve on bread with green leaf lettuce. Add more toppings to your taste!