This homemade salted caramel sauce is so yummy. Pour it on your favorite ice cream, or even mix right into the ice cream, for a wonderful taste explosion. Perfect for dipping the Fall apples into. The sweetness of the caramelized sugar mixed with a touch salt makes for the perfection combination of flavors. Delish!
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 tablespoons of butter salted, cut into about 6 chunks
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- Heat the sugar over medium heat in a medium-sized skillet, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Heat until the sugar melts and becomes amber in color (don't let it burn!)
- Carefully add in the butter.
- Stir the butter until fully melted and completely incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly, add in the cream.
- Stir for about a minute with.the wooden spoon
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt.
- Transfer the caramel to a container and cover tightly.
- When ready to use, warm in a small pot.