So, I’ve been seeing different versions of this Avocado Deviled Eggs all over Pinterest. A friend sent me the recipe, and I decided to make my own version. These are easy to make and truly delectable. And they really are a crowd pleasing platter of deliciousness!!
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp shallot or red onion diced
- 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce like Tobasco
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped (use just 1/2 the jalapeno for less heat)
- 1 tbsp chives chopped, for garnish
MAKE THE HARD-BOILED EGGS
- Place the eggs in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover for 12 minutes.
MAKE THE AVOCADO FILLING AND ASSEMBLE
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and cut them in half, lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the yolks and set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and place in a large bowl.
- Add 4 halves of the egg yolks (that's yolks from 2 whole eggs...about 2 tablespoons). Use the remaining yolks for a different use).
- Add remaining ingredients and stir and roughly mash with the back of a fork.
- Scoop about a heaping tablespoon of the avocado mixture into each of the egg whites.
- Top with a sprinkle with chopped chives.