I love making Spiralized Ratatouile with my new spiralizer!! If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can find veggies that have been ‘spiralized’ at most supermarkets and well-stocked gourmet markets. We will be releasing a video soon that shows you different types of spiralizers on the market, and the pros and cons of each. In the meantime, here’s a wonderful, healthy Spiralized Ratatouille that is so delicious, and fun to make!! 125% Loon Approved!
We tested 5 different spiralizers, ranging in price and durability. Here was our favorite…sturdy and affordable:
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
FOR THE RATATOUILLE
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized
- 2 medium yellow squash spiralized
- 1 medium eggplant spiralized
- 1 medium yellow onion spiralized (or chopped)
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
MAKE THE DRESSING
- Place olive oil, vinegar, grape tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and salt in a blender or food processor and blend/process until smooth. Set aside.
MAKE THE RATATOUILLE
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the onions. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until softened.
- Remove onions from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Repeat with each of the remaining vegetables (zucchini, squash and eggplant); adding oil, as needed, in 2 teaspoon increments, and cooking until just tender.
- Return all cooked vegetables to the pan and add tomatoes, thyme and salt.
- Cook 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and gently toss with the dressing.
- Plate and garnish with basil.