This Sazerac Cocktail is a New Orleans classic drink. Wesley says it’s NOLA’s version of an Old Fashioned. Well, call me Old Fashioned…but it’s down-right delicious! The Peychaud and Angostura Bitters can be found at most well-stocked liquor stores. Can’t go wrong with a true blue Cajun Classic Cocktail, and this Sazerac Cocktail does NOT disappoint!
- 1 sugar cube
- 2 1/2 oz. rye whiskey
- 2 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- Herbsaint liqueur can also use Absinthe
- Lemon peel
- In an Old-Fashioned glass, muddle a sugar cube with a few drops of water.
- Add several small ice cubes and the rye whiskey, the Peychaude's bitters, and the Angostura bitters.
- Stir well and strain into a second, chilled, Old-Fashioned glass in which you have rolled around a few drops of Herbsaint (or Absinthe), until its inside is thoroughly coated, pouring off the excess.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon peel.