This roasted cauliflower with olives and lemon matches the mild taste of the cauliflower against the tangy green olives and lemon zest. This is one of those dishes that shine because of the simple, natural flavors. Roasting enhances the flavors even more. A beautiful dish that can be served year round!
Roasted Cauliflower with Olives and Lemon
- 1 head cauliflower cut into 2-inch florets
- 1/3 cup good-quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup pitted green olives
- Kosher or sea salt (about 1/2 teaspoon, to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper about 1/2 teaspoon, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- In a roasting pan, combine the cauliflower, olive oil, lemon zest, and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to mix well.
- Spread the ingredients in a single layer.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes (keep an eye on it).
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve at once.