This is such a wonderful side dish for so many entrees.
The mild taste of the roasted cauliflower matches perfectly against the tangy green olives and lemon zest. And it simply could not be easier to prepare, and is super healthy, too! This is great served with Roasted Chicken or Beef Brisket!
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH OLIVES AND LEMON
This hardest part (and it’s not even hard), is cutting the cauliflower. But like we said, it’s not really that hard. Just use a nice, large, sharp knife to carve out the core, and then cut away the florets. Easy!
In many well-stocked supermarkets, you can get pre-cut cauliflower. For getting the freshest and most delicious dish, we don’t recommend going with frozen cauliflower.
Did we mention how healthy fresh cauliflower is? Read more about that here.
Lemon zest and olives round out the wonderful taste and texture!
We love using brined green olives, but you can select whichever type is your favorite. Black olives are wonderful, and kalamata olives are absolutely loaded with so much flavor.
A combination of olives is a wonderful approach for Roasted Cauliflower with Olives and Lemon!
THE PERFECT SIDE DISH
This is one of those dishes that shine because of the simple, natural flavors. It’s good for you and is just so delicious.
Roasting enhances the flavors even more.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER IS DEEP IN FLAVOR
A beautiful dish that can be served year-round!
Make this dish and be happy!
Roasted Cauliflower with Olives and Lemon
- 1 head cauliflower cut into 2-inch florets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¾ cup green olives pitted
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- In a roasting pan, combine the cauliflower, olive oil, lemon zest, and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to mix well.
- Spread the ingredients in a single layer.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes (keep an eye on it).
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve at once.