Okay…Norwegian Pancakes, or Pannekaker, are a Loon favorite. They are thin, crepe-like pancakes that are just amazing. Add a little butter and sugar, roll ’em up, and you won’t believe how delicious they are. A tried and true family tradition that you and your family will absolutely love! Click here if you want to watch Kris & Wesley having some fun making them.
Norwegian Pancakes - Pannekaker
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine the eggs and milk in a medium bowl.
- Add the flour, salt and sugar.
- Blend, using hand-held mixer, until smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the oil.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet, and tilt the pan to coat the bottom.
- Cook until the top looks dry, about 30 seconds.
- Carefully slide a metal spatula under the pancake and flip.
- Cook for a few seconds on the other side, just until browned.
- Remove to plate.
- Repeat with remaining butter.
- Add butter and a few dashes of sugar. You can also smear on your favorite preserves.