This Classic Old Fashioned Cocktail recipe is anything but old fashioned! It may have been around for a long time, but, boy oh boy, is it good.
Bourbon, bitters, with a little sweetness and a hint of orange. Now that’s a good ole classic cocktail.
Watch, laugh and see Wesley whip up this Classic Old Fashioned…and then whip one up for yourself…you’ve earned it!
That’s watcha call good livin’.
Make one of these and pretend your hobnobbing with the upper crust at the Waldorf Astoria back in the roaring 20s! Or, just enjoy sipping a delicious bourbon drink!
This drink truly is a classic. We love the history of this wonderful libation. And we love the amazing taste, too.
Now, go ahead and make this awesome Classic Old Fashioned Cocktail!
Classic Old Fashioned Cocktail
- 1 sugar cube
- 3 oz. bourbon
- Several dashes of Angostura bitters
- Splash of water
- 1 large ice cube or several small cubes
- Strip of orange peel for garnish
- Place the sugar cube in the bottom of a rocks glass (or old fashion glass)
- Douse the sugar with the bitters.
- Add the splash of water.
- Gently muddle the sugar cube until mostly dissolved.
- Add the bourbon and stir.
- Add ice and orange peel.
- Give one last stir and serve at once!