This is a classic balsamic vinaigrette, mixing the acid of the balsamic with the hint of garlic, and a touch of oregano. Vigorous shaking after the quality olive oil will emulsify the liquids into an amazing vinaigrette, bursting with flavor.
- Tools you'll need: Jar with a tight fitting lid.
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons of good quality aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup of good quality olive oil
Add the salt to the minced garlic
Mash the garlic and salt with the back of a fort, or in a mortar and pestle
Add the garlic paste to the jar
Add the balsamic vinegar, oregano and black pepper
Slowly pour in the olive oil
Seal the lid to the jar
Shake the jar vigorously for about two minutes.
Let rest for a short moment, then shake again until dressing has emulsified and become a bit thicker in consistency
Can be made 1 to 2 days ahead of serving