This is a classic balsamic vinaigrette, mixing the acid of the balsamic with the hint of garlic, and a touch of oregano. Vigorous shaking after the quality olive oil will emulsify the liquids into an amazing vinaigrette, bursting with flavor.
- Tools you'll need: Jar with a tight fitting lid.
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 3 tbsp good quality aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup good quality olive oil
- Add the salt to the minced garlic
- Mash the garlic and salt with the back of a fort, or in a mortar and pestle
- Add the garlic paste to the jar
- Add the balsamic vinegar, oregano and black pepper
- Slowly pour in the olive oil
- Seal the lid to the jar
- Shake the jar vigorously for about two minutes.
- Let rest for a short moment, then shake again until dressing has emulsified and become a bit thicker in consistency
- Can be made 1 to 2 days ahead of serving