Boy, oh boy, this Rustic Ricotta Cheesecake is so satisfyingly wonderful. Deep in flavor. Rich, layered, and really divine. Make a day in advance of serving…and your guests will be amazed. A true Loon favorite.
Rustic Ricotta Cheesecake
- 2 15 oz. containers whole milk ricotta
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tbsp sugar plus another cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 8- 8 oz packages cream cheese room temperature, cut into cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Matzos pulverized in your food processor
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: 8" springform pan with 2 1/2"-high sides
- Put ricotta in a large fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl. Drain for 30 minutes.
- Arrange rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease springform pan with butter.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the sugar and all of the breadcrumbs in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the buttered pan, tapping out the excess crumbs.
- Puree ricotta in a food processor for 15 seconds.
- Scrape down sides, and puree until smooth, about another 20 seconds.
- Add cream cheese and puree until smooth.
- Add the remaining sugar and all the other ingredients (except the powdered sugar).
- Puree, scraping down sides until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cheesecake until golden brown and just set, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and let cool in pan (the cake will fall a bit).
- Refrigerate uncovered until cool, about 3 hours.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- To serve, wrap a warm towel around the pan to release the cake.
- Remove pan sides.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into slices and serve and enjoy!