We love this sauce because you can use it with so many dishes and it is incredibly easy to prepare.
Although it is Spanish in origin, the flavor profile and texture of the sauce work with so many types of dishes and even cuisines. Our Parmesan-Crusted Cod with Romesco Sauce is truly a show-stopper of a meal, and the flavors just work together amazingly well. You can drizzle it on eggs, baked potatoes, grilled steaks or burgers, and so much more! And it keeps in the fridge for 7 to 10 days!
How To Make Easy Romesco Sauce
This sauce is one of those creations that really doesn’t have a huge amount of ingredients, and the preparation couldn’t be simpler.
But the result tastes like you’ve been slow-cooking and stewing it for hours!
NOTE: If you liked this video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel. Remember to click the little ‘bell’ icon so you’ll never miss a new video. Thank you!
The Ingredients You Will Need
As mentioned, none of the items that comprise this deeply flavorful sauce are exotic or hard to find. Many of them, you’ll probably already have on hand.
Here’s what you’ll need
Roasted red bell pepper – The jarred variety works great, but feel free to roast your own
Diced tomatoes – Canned and fire-roasted are fantastic
Almonds – Blanched
Oil – Olive, or Extra Virgin
Chili powder – Any variety, but we love ancho
Vinegar – Red wine
Paprika – Preferably smoked
Salt – Kosher
Bread – 1 slice of country white or Italian
How To Serve
This sauce is very versatile and will keep covered in your refrigerator for up to 10 days, and freezes beautifully for up to 2 months.
Romesco sauce deepens the flavor profile significantly when used over eggs, burgers, omelets, grilled chicken, and without a doubt, fish.
This sauce was made for our Parmesan-crusted cod sitting on top of delicious sautéed broccolini with garlic and lemon.
Ready to make a sauce that makes practically any savory dish that much better? Go for it!
And when you do, be sure to take a photo of it, post it on Instagram, and tag @HowToFeedaLoon and hashtag #HowToFeedaLoon!
Easy Romesco Sauce
- Food processor, or blender
- 1 red bell pepper roasted, peeled and seeded (or from jarred)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes canned, fire-roasted, drained
- 2 tbsp almonds blanced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 slice white bread torn into pieces
- Place all of the ingredients in your food processor. Process until a coarse sauce forms. The sauce will be thick but still able to pour. If too thick, add a small amount of water or tomato juice until you reach a pourable consistency.
- Store in the fridge, covered, for up to 10 days. If desired, gently heat in a small saucepan and serve warm, or, serve at room temperature (let the sauce sit out for about an hour before serving).