Banana nut bread is one of the Loon’s favorite treats on the morning of Thanksgiving. The banana nut bread recipe is so good fresh out of the oven, with a little butter smeared on. Yum!
Banana Nut Bread
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: Brunch
- 5½ tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temp
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- 1⅓ cup of all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of mashed, ripe bananas (about 2)
- ½ cup of chopped pecans
- ½ cup of diced Maraschino cherries (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and butter a loaf pan
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until the consistency of brown sugar
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder
- Beat in the flour mixture into the butter/sugar cream mixture
- Slowly beat in the eggs
- Fold in the bananas, pecans and cherries
- Pour into prepared loaf oven
- Bake in oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Test with a toothpick. After inserting, is should come out clean. That's when it's done.
- Cool slightly on a rack. Remove from pan and slice.