If you are new a baking bread and you’re looking for an easy recipe to start with, you’ve found the perfect one right here.
You just can’t believe how simple it is to make this classic loaf of bread. This has become a tradition of ours every Thanksgiving morning. It’s wonderful fresh out of the oven, but it reheats so easily, too. And it requires no proofing (dough rising), so it’s quick and easy!
HOW TO MAKE BANANA NUT BREAD
As mentioned, this banana nut bread recipe is really very simple to make, but the results are heavenly.
We love using our stand mixer to bring the batter together, but an electric hand mixer, or even wooden spoons and some good elbow grease will work, too!
EXPERT TIP: You’ll need to make sure your butter is softened. But don’t worry if you’ve forgotten to set your butter out to get nice and soft. Click here to learn how you can soften butter quickly before baking.
The key ingredients are butter, vanilla extract, and of course bananas!
We love throwing in some chopped Marciano cherries and chopped pecans for added texture, taste, and color.
But that’s up to you!
Another classic holiday brunch dish we love to serve is our Banana Caramel French Toast Casserole.
But, let us tell you, nothing beats a delicious banana nut bread fresh out of the oven.
EXPERT TIP: Any kind of rectangular loaf pan will work. We often use our ceramic loaf pan, but metal pans distribute heat more evenly, and produce nicely browned, and evenly cook loaves of bread. Glass dishes will work, but we find ceramic and metal works best.
WHEN TO SERVE BANANA NUT BREAD
As mentioned, we love serving this bread to guests during the holidays.
But, honestly, any time of the year it is so nice to just heat up a slice and add a little smear of butter.
It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even snack time!
Ready to make the simplest, yet one of the most delicious loaves of bread in the world? Go for it!
And when you do, be sure to tag @howtofeedaloon and hashtag #howtofeedaloon!
- 5½ tbsp unsalted butter room temp
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup bananas ripe, mashed (about 2)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup Maraschino cherries diced, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and butter a loaf pan
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until the consistency of brown sugar
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder
- Beat in the flour mixture into the butter/sugar cream mixture
- Slowly beat in the eggs
- Fold in the bananas, pecans and cherries
- Pour into prepared loaf oven
- Bake in oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Test with a toothpick. After inserting, is should come out clean. That's when it's done.
- Cool slightly on a rack. Remove from pan and slice.