Tomato, Cheddar and Bacon Pie
This tomato, cheddar and bacon pie is the bomb. You must make in the Summer when heirloom tomatoes are at their peak. Amazing.
- 12 ounces of thick sliced bacon sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes preferably heirloom, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pre-baked pie crust bake for about 20 minutes at 350 F in a 9 inch pie dish
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 5 ounces Cheddar cheese grated
Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp, set aside to cool on paper towels.
Pre-heat overn to 380 F.
Place a layer of tomato slices on the bottom of the pre-cooked crust and season with salt and pepper.
Top with a layer of onion slices and cheese.
Repeat this process.
Place the bacon over the top layer of onion and cheese.
Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and place on a wire rack and allow to cool slightly.
Slip out of pie pan.