Amazing Lobster Roll
Servings: 4 people
This Lobster Roll is probably the king of all super delicious sandwiches. Just keep it simple...let the lobster do the talking. Wow...this is good. Enjoy.
- 1 lb lobster meat cooked, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon fresh, juice from ½ a large lemon
- 1 tsp Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dill fresh, chopped
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- ¼ cup celery finely chopped
- 4 hot dog buns top-split, New England Style
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp chives finely chopped, for garnish, optional
In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, dill, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
Place the lobster meat in a large bowl, and add the celery, and then gently fold in about 2 tbsp of the dressing. The lobster should have a thin coating of the dressing all over it. If you prefer a little more dressing, add more to your own liking.
Heat a non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter in the pan, and then place the buns on their sides in the butter. Cook until browned and toasty, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and toast the other side. You may need to toast the buns in a couple of batches.
Fill the toasted buns with the lobster salad and top with chives, if using. Serve at once.
See the instructions below for steaming a live lobster.
If you can't find the New England-style, top-split buns, you can use regular hot buns or a kaiser roll. To get that buttery, toasty taste, simply open the buns up, and toast them in a couple of tablespoons of butter until they are golden and toasty.
The salad can be prepared up to 1 day in advance and kept in an air-tight container in the fridge.
If you purchase the lobster online, don't unfreeze until you are ready to prepare the dish. Once the lobster has been dressed, we don't recommend freezing it at this point. However, you can, it just won't be as fresh tasting. But, it still beats throwing out fresh lobster meat!
Instructions for steaming a live lobster:
- In a large stockpot, fill about ¾ quarters of the pot with salted water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Cook the lobsters, covered, for 8 - 10 minutes, until bright pink. Remove from pan with tongs and rinse under cool water for about 30 seconds, each. Place on a cutting board.
- Remove the meat from the lobster and roughly chop. Transfer to a bowl and chill 15 minutes.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 167mg | Sodium: 1110mg | Potassium: 297mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 271IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 171mg | Iron: 2mg