Heirloom Tomato Salad
When it's Summertime, you've got to enjoy the amazing bounty. Heirloom tomatoes are incredible. They are tender, but packed with flavor. Mix with your other favorite tomatoes, and you won't believe how incredible these are. Just amazing. The Loon can't get enough of this salad!
- 6 - 8 ripe heirloom tomatoes and other favorites, including yellow, cherry, and pink.
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1 green onion including green parts, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh oregano minced
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Country-style bread for dipping
Slice the tomatoes, capturing their juices.
Layer tomatoes on a platter.
Sprinkle them with the sugar and salt to taste.
Toss on green onions, garlic, oregano, and the captured juice.
Drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar and sherry vinegar
Drizzle olive oil.
Let stand at room temperature for about 2 hours.
Serve with bread for sopping up the juices!