Lump Crab and Tomato Salad
Servings: 4 people
This Lump Crab and Tomato Salad is fresh flavors at their very best. Best when made in the Summer with fresh tomatoes from the farm stand, and, of course, the freshest crab meat you can get your hands on! Enjoy!
- 1 jalapeno pepper stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp good mayonnaise
- 8 mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 large ripe tomatoes heirloom are good....slice almost 1/2 inch thick (yep, thick).
- Kosher salt
Combine the jalapeno, lime zest and juice, and vinegar in the bowl of a food processor/or a good blender, and puree until smooth.
Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in the mayo, mint, salt, red pepper flakes, and and cayenne.
Add the crab to the dressing and gently fold together .
Place the tomatoes on the platter(s)
Top with the crab salad.