Roasted Potatoes with Balsamic and Herbs
Servings: 6 people
Roasted potatoes with balsamic and herbs is the perfect dish, especially during the holidays. The dish is beautiful, and so full of flavor. Delicious!
- 4 cups baby potatoes: red, yellow, purple halved (large ones quartered)
- 2 tbsp quality olive oil
- 2 tbsp quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 large shallot about 2 tablespoons, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme and rosemary for garnish
Pre-heat oven to 400 F
Place the potatoes in a large bowl and add the oil and vinegar.
For crunchy herbs and shallots, mix into the potato mixture before baking. For fresher herbs and shallots, mix into the potatoes in the last 5 minutes of baking.
Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet/pan, spreading them out so they do not overlap.
Generously salt and pepper the potatoes.
Bake potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden and tender when pierced with a knife. Stir once halfway through baking. If you prefer a darker exterior, bake for a total of 45 minutes.
Garnish with fresh thyme and rosemary and another pinch of coarse sea salt. Serve at once!