This Spiralized Ratatouille is so amazingly delicious. If you don't have a spiralizer, you can find already spiralized veggie at most well-stocked markets now days. You can juillene the veggies yourself with a sharp knife, too. This is so healthy, but does not compromise fresh delicious flavor at all!
FOR THE DRESSING
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes drained and coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
FOR THE RATATOUILLE
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized
- 2 medium yellow squash spiralized
- 1 medium eggplant spiralized
- 1 medium yellow onion spiralized (or chopped)
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil leaves
MAKE THE DRESSING
Place olive oil, vinegar, grape tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and salt in a blender or food processor and blend/process until smooth. Set aside.
MAKE THE RATATOUILLE
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the onions. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until softened.
Remove onions from pan and cover to keep warm.
Repeat with each of the remaining vegetables (zucchini, squash and eggplant); adding oil, as needed, in 2 teaspoon increments, and cooking until just tender.
Return all cooked vegetables to the pan and add tomatoes, thyme and salt.
Cook 1 minute, or until heated through.
Remove from heat and gently toss with the dressing.
Plate and garnish with basil.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 606mg | Potassium: 736mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1238IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg