Servings: 10 people
Don't you just love the salsa that is brought to your table with warm tortillas chips at your favorite Tex-Mex or Mexican restaurant. Well, now you can make this kind of salsa at home! In minutes!
- 1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes, with juice San Marzano are best
- 2 cans Ro-tel (tomatoes with peppers) we use 1 can mild, 1 can original
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 fresh jalapeño seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped (use more, if desired)
- 1 lime juiced, about 1 tbsp
Place all ingredients in a large food processor (or blender). This can also be done in batches if using a smaller processor.
Pulse to get desired consistency. We like ours still with some tomato chunks left. This usually takes about 10 pulses.
Taste with a tortilla chip and adjust seasoning, to taste.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge, preferably for at least 1 hour, or longer.
Serve with warm tortilla chips!
Calories: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 13mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg