Zesty Black Bean and Sweet Corn Salad
Servings: 6 people
This zesty black bean and sweet corn salad is everyone's favorite BBQ side kick. Plus, it's good as a side salad for must about any meal. In the Summer, get fresh sweet corn, grill it, and the cut off the kernels...mmm...so good.
- 2 cups grilled corn, cut off the cob or frozen, completely thawed
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 15.5 oz cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
Rinse onions in cold water, this removes a bit of the acidic flavor. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
Add the beans, corn, onion and bell pepper and toss until well coated.
Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
Add cilantro and toss again.