Best-Ever Tuna Salad
Servings: 4 people
This Best-Ever Tuna Salad really is the best ever. Building off the enormous popularity of our Best-Ever Chicken Salad, this Tuna Salad my just rival that recipe. We tested and tested, until we came up with what we believe, without doubt, is the world's best-ever tuna salad. Double and triple the recipe for showers, parties, and special gatherings. The best!
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 5 oz. can albacore tuna in water we love Wild Planet, drained
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 1 3.5 oz. jar capers drained
- 2 tbsp dill fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 large lemon the juice from
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher salt start with 1/2 teaspoon, then add more, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place the red onions in a small bowl and cover with apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 15 minutes, and then drain.
In a large bowl, add the drained tuna, pickled onions, cranberries, celery, capers, dill and parsley.
In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper (add the salt in 1/2 teaspoon increments, to taste).
Add the mayo mixture to the tuna mixture, and using a large wooden spoon, stir the salad to fully incorporate all ingredients.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hours before serving. (Can be prepared 24 hours in advance of serving).
Serve on a bed of greens or as sandwiches.
Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 905mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 123IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg