Roasted Chicken With Lemon, Garlic and White Wine
Servings: 8 people
This roasted chicken with lemon, garlic and white wine is heavenly. Slow cook, covered, for about 2 hours, and the roast uncovered at 400 F for about 40 minutes. So amazing! Serve with Yukon Whipped Potatoes with Whited Cheddar and Chives!
- 1 whole chicken cut into pieces (or use a combo of bone-in breasts, thighs & legs)
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and roughly sliced
- 2 large lemons sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 3 tbsp good olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 315 F
Put the chicken pieces into a roasting pan
Add the garlic, lemons, herbs, oil, wine and S&P.
Toss with your hands until all well blended
Cover tightly with foil and cook for 2 hours
Remove from the oven, take off the foil, and raise the oven temp to 400 F
Place chicken back in the oven and bake for another 30 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Remove from oven, and place baked chicken onto serving dish. Drizzle pan sauce over the chicken.