Roasted Asparagus, Sesame, and Chopped Egg Salad
Servings: 6 people
This Roasted Asparagus, Sesame, and Chopped Egg Salad recipe is the perfect dish for spring when asparagus is in its prime. The lemon, EVOO, sesame, chopped egg compliment the simply pan-roasted asparagus so well. Serve immediately and warm!
- 4 large eggs hard-boiled, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 tbsp quality extra-virgin olive oil we recommend Rancho Azul y Oro
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter can also used olive oil
- 1 lb thin asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the olive oil, sesame seeds and lemon juice.
Place the chopped, cooked eggs in a medium bowl and lightly season with salt and pepper, and then drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over them, and gently toss to coat. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once melted and starting to foam a little, add the asparagus in a single layer.
Season with a large pinch of salt and pepper and add the smoked paprika.
Cook until the asparagus is tender and has just started to brown, about 3 - 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and immediately place on a serving platter.
Spoon the remaining vinaigrette over the them and top with the eggs.
Serve at once and ENJOY!