Homemade Meatball Sub Sandwich
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Make ahead: 3 hours
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 people
This Meatball Sub Sandwich is off-the-charts good. Marinara and meatballs made from scratch. This is a sandwich that your loved ones will be talking about for years to come. It's that good.
- 6 - 10 medium homemade Italian meatball link to recipe below
- 1 cup fresh marinara sauce link to recipe below
- 2 loaves Italian bread ends cut off, opened up
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella
- fresh Parmesan grated
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs, chopped I.e., basil, oregano, parsley
ASSEMBLE THE SUBS
Heat the meatballs in the marinara. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
Place the opened loaves of bread on a baking sheet and cover both sides of the bread with the sliced cheese.
Place the bread with cheese under the broiler for about 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and started to brown on the edges (watch closely, don't let burn!)
Remove from broiler. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of marinara on the bottom layer of each loaf of bread. Layer meatballs on top of the marina.
Spoon a little more marinara over the meatballs.
Top with shaved, or grated, fresh Parmesan and herbs. Serve at once!