Watermelon Gazpacho with Jalapeño, Feta and Fresh Mint is the perfect summertime dish.
Summertime, and the livin’ is easy. This watermelon gazpacho with jalapeño, feta and fresh mint is the perfect summer dish. So incredibly fresh and delicious. Use farm fresh produce and you’ll be amazed at how wonderful this summer soup is.
HOW TO MAKE WATERMELON GAZPACHO
This soup is actually quite easy to prepare, and even gets better after a day or two.
Be sure to gather the freshest ingredients from you local farmer’s market on produce section in your food market.
HOW TO PREPARE THE CUCUMBERS
Fresh cucumbers are always a classic ingredient in gazpacho and this watermelon gazpacho is no exception.
Gazpacho is Spanish cuisine at it’s very best. We love the history of this cooling and delicious creation.
Use a spoon to remove the seeds from the cucumber after you have slice it, length-wise, down the middle.
We just can’t stress enough how refreshing this soup is.
Every time we serve this, we get immediate requests for the recipe. It’s really that good.
You will also love our Classic Gazpacho, too!
Another light and delicious recipe to try is our Sweet Potato and Quinoa Cakes with Citrus Kale Salad!
But in the meantime, you’ve need to make a batch of this incredible cool and delicious soup!
Watermelon Gazpacho with Jalapeno, Feta and Fresh Mint
- 4 whole tomatoes quartered and tips cut off
- 4 cups of dices watermelon seeded
- 1 jalapeno cored and seeded
- 2 cucumbers peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
- Feta cheese crumbled, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves chopped, for garnish
- Place the tomatoes, watermelon, jalapenos and cucumber in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add sherry vinegar and mix until well blended.
- Slowly add the extra-virgin olive oil in thin stream from the opening in the blender cap until the mixture is emulsified.
- Season with more salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Pour into chilled bowls and garnish with crumbled feta cheese and chopped mint leaves.