These Turkey Cutlets with Honey Mustard-Lime Sauce is truly something special. It has a similar taste profile as Chicken Picatta, but even healthier. Incredible depth in flavor, and so easy to make on a busy weeknight. This is hands-down one of our favorite dishes, and did we mention…it’s healthy, too!! You gotta try this…it’s that good. 140% Loon Approved!
Turkey Cutlets with Honey Mustard-Lime Sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary crumbled
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 turkey breast cutlets about 1 3/4 lbs
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tsp sweet & hot honey mustard or just top notch honey mustard
- 1/4 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 splashes of hot sauce ie, Tobasco
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- Fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
In a small bowl, combine the basil, tarragon, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and flour and mix thoroughly.
Rub the seasoned flour all over the turkey breasts, set aside.
In a large, non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add shallots and saute for 2 minutes, until soft.
Add the turkey cutlets and brown one side for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn, and brown the other side for about another 3 to 4 minutes. Should be nicely browned on both sides.
Remove the cutlets from the pan.
Add lime juice, wine, mustard, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and capers. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Add the cutlets into the sauce to re-heat.
Place turkey cutlets on plate(s) and top with sauce.
Garnish with parsley.