Here’s another favorite recipe from a great chef, Donald Link: Summer Salad: Tomato, Cucumber and Herbs! This salad might just as well have a big ole ‘gone fishin’ sign on it…cuz it has Summer written all over it. It’s June 1st right now, and the amazing tomatoes here in Jersey won’t be making their way onto to our table until late July into August…but that doesn’t mean we can’t get started anyhow! This salad is fresh and simple…and the mint gives it just enough of the fresh flavor that puts it right over the top. I like to peel the cucumbers in strips because I think it makes it look real pretty. Enjoy!
Summer Salad: Tomato, Cucumber and Herbs
- 4 fresh cucumbers peeled to your liking
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup chives finely chopped (snipped)
Cut the cucumbers and tomatoes into 3/4 inch cubes and toss with the remianing ingredients, adding more salt and pepper as desired.
Serve and enjoy!