These Summer Marinated Peaches with Prosciutto are stunning in presentation, and really quite easy to make. The flavors meld together perfectly. You can vary the spice up, as well. Cumin works nicely, and add a little heat with some Cayenne. You can marinate the peaches from as little as 10 minutes, or up to 2 hours. This is the perfect elegant appetizer that is so easy to make. IMPORTANT: Make sure to get peaches that are nice and ripe! 135% Loon Approved!
These Summer Marinated Peaches with Prosciutto are a great appetizer for entertaining. They pair beautifully with another one of our favorite appetizers, or nibbles, our Marinated Olives!
Summer Marinated Peaches with Prosciutto
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp good quality curry powder click for recipe to make your own
- 3 peaches each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced good quality prosciutto
- 24 small basil leaves
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, vinegar and curry powder.
- Add the peaches and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each wedge of a peach.
- Top with a basil leaf and secure with a wooden or metal pick.