These Summer Fruit Crisps are the perfect dessert using fresh fruit from your favorite farmer’s market. Use whatever fruit is freshest and your favorite, but we love peaches, blueberries and blackberries. Make in oven-ready, individual dishes (mini cast-iron skillets are awesome), and top with a big ole scoop of vanilla ice cream, and get ready to be everyone’s favorite cook of the day. Super easy and super delicious! 120% Loon Approved!
Summer Fruit Crisps
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour divided
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled 1 stick
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 4 fresh peaches peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries washed
- 1 pint fresh blackberries washed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Vanilla ice cream for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Lightly spray 4 to 6 individual baking dishes (mini cast iron skillets are best) with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together 1/2 cup flour, graham, cracker crumbs, oats, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until crumbly (don't over process, make sure it's good and crumbly). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together peaches, blueberries, blackberries, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons flour, and cornstarch and sprinkle over fruit, stirring to combine. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide fruit among prepared dishes and then sprinkle with oat mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes. Check after about 15 minutes, and if starting to brown, cover with foil.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream.