These slow roasted tomatoes so simple yet so completely deep in flavors. Slow roasting them in the oven at a low temperature for 3 & 1/2 hours brings out the most amazing taste. Always best if used when farm fresh tomatoes are available. Incredible as a side dish, or on a pizza, or in a pasta dish. One of our absolute favorites!
Slow Roasted Tomatoes
- 8 - 10 Roma fresh tomatoes sliced lengthwise, in half
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves removed from stemmed and roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 250 F.
- Arrange the tomato halves, cut side up, in an oven proof skillet, or saute pan (a baking sheet will work, too).
- Drizzle the tomatoes with the oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Place in the oven and cook for 3 & 1/2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!