This skillet-roasted chicken with tomatoes, white beans and wine has been a go-to meal for several years for the Loon and me on a busy weeknight. Incredible, deep flavors, that will be on your table in about 40 minutes. Start by browning the bone-in chicken breast in sturdy (preferably cast iron) skillet, add the tomatoes, wine and seasonings. Then finish it off in the oven, throw in the beans at the last minute…and trust me, this is incredibly flavorful and amazing for any night of the week! Enjoy! Loon Approved!\
You might also enjoy our Roasted Chicken with Lemon, Garlic and White Wine!
Skillet-Roasted Chicken with Tomatoes, White Beans and Wine
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/4 cup quality dry wine
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon of dried)
- 1 cup Great Northern navy, other white beans, rinsed and drained.
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Heat a heavy 10 or 12 inch skillet over medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the oil - it should simmer in the pan and then just start to smoke (but not much!)
- Add the chicken breasts, skin side down, and sear for 3 minutes (don't move them around too much while cooking).
- After the 3 minutes, flip the chicken, add the tomatoes and garlic (garlic should make contact with the pan).
- Add the wine (stand back!).
- Wait a couple minutes, then season everything with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the rosemary.
- Place the skillet in the oven, and roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 20 to 22 minutes.
- Add the beans for the last 5 minutes of cooking, stirring them together with the tomatoes and the garlic.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, remove the garlic cloves.
- Serve with a nice salad and enjoy!!