This scallion-buttermilk dressing is so fresh and vibrant. This is absolutely wonderful on a salad of young lettuce and farm-fresh tomatoes. And we just love this on the Green Bean and Tomato Salad. Wonderfully refreshing!
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions both green and white parts
- 1/2 cup buttermilk well shaken
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 & 12 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Puree the scallions in a food processor, then add the remaining dressing ingredients and pulse until smooth.