This rice is perfect for all your favorite Cajun dishes. Oh boy, is it good. The Loon said….”It’s just rice…it is so good!”
Perfect Cajun Rice
This perfect Cajun rice is perfect for Cajun recipes. You will love it!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 8 people
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Put a large, heavy pan (Dutch Oven is best) over medium high heat.
- Add oil.
- When oil is hot, add onion and cook, stirring often, until tender but not browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, bay leaf, salt, and pepper and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add rice, stirring to coat in oil.
- Add stock and cook, stirring now often, until liquid boils.
- Reduce heat to simmer, and cover.
- Cook until liquid i absorbed, 40 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and discard bay leaf.
- Toss gently with a fork, replace cove, and allow rice to sit, undistributed, for 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.