This rice is perfect for all your favorite Cajun dishes. Oh boy, is it good. The Loon said….”It’s just rice…it is so good!”
Perfect Cajun Rice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Put a large, heavy pan (Dutch Oven is best) over medium high heat.
- Add oil.
- When oil is hot, add onion and cook, stirring often, until tender but not browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, bay leaf, salt, and pepper and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add rice, stirring to coat in oil.
- Add stock and cook, stirring now often, until liquid boils.
- Reduce heat to simmer, and cover.
- Cook until liquid i absorbed, 40 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and discard bay leaf.
- Toss gently with a fork, replace cove, and allow rice to sit, undistributed, for 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.