Pan-Seared Tilapia with Roasted Red Pepper, Kalamata Olives, Capers and White Wine Reduction
- 4 7 to 8 oz tilapia fillets
- all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 2 red peppers roasted, seeded, and chopped (can used jar roasted peppers)
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamato olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil divided into two portions
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1/3 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Season fish with salt and pepper
- Dredge fillets in flour
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fish and suateed until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side
- Transfer fish to platter
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet
- Add shallots and crushed red pepper, saute for about a minute
- Mix in roasted peppers, olives, 1/4 cup basil and capers.
- Add clam juice and white wine
- Cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle sauce over fish and serve.