I love Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies. The Loon likes them, too, but they’re not his all-time favorite. So, how about Oatmeal, Cranberry & White Chocolate Chunk Cookies? Problem solved…he loves them! Get a nice bar of white chocolate, and break into chunks…they melt wonderfully into the folds of the oats and dried cranberries. Oatmeal, Cranberry & White Chocolate Chunk Cookies! So good and without a doubt, Loon Approved!!
Oatmeal, Cranberry, White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2/3 cup of unsalted butter room temp
- 2/3 cup of dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 6 ounces of dried cranberries we love using Ocean Spray Craisins
- 2/3 cup of white chocolate chunks or chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Using an electric mixture, beat butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mixing well.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the dried cranberries and the white chocolate chunks.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.