This mixed green salad with Gorgonzola, pancetta, walnuts, apple, cranberries and pine nuts, in a wonderful balsamic vinaigrette is the perfect start to a wonderful meal. Delicious.
Mixed Green Salad with Gorgonzola, Pancetta, Walnuts, Apple, Cranberries and Pine Nuts
- 10 oz mixed greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 oz sliced pancetta diced
- 3/4 cup walnuts lightly toasted
- 2 Granny Smith apples cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette or more, to taste
- Cook pancetta in a skillet over medium heat until cripsy...about 5 minutes. Drain on plate with a paper towel.
- Place washed and dried mixed greens in a large bowl.
- Dress the greens with the vinaigrette.
- Add the Gorgonzola, pancetta, walnuts, cranberries and toasted walnuts and pine nuts.
- Mix well.
- Add the salad to the serving plates.
- Arrange the apple slices on top of the salad. Serve at once.