Now that we’re fully into Summer, let’s make the most of it. Marinated summer vegetable over soba noodles! These are some of our favorite veggies, and throw an Asian twist with this dish, and you’re just going to love it. Farm fresh for sure! Yum yum yum!
Marinated Summer Vegetables over Soba Noodles
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of sunflower or safflower (or vegetable) oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup tamari sauce or good quality soy
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 zucchini stem, ends removed, sliced lengthwise, 1/4-inch thick
- 2 eggplants stem removed, sliced lengthwise, 1/4-inch thick - seeds removed
- 2 to matoes seeded, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 1 red onion sliced in half from stem to root end, then cut into 1/4-inch slivers.
- 1 jalapeno seeded and membranes removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon more of sunflower or saffron oil
- 1 lb of soba noodles cooked with 1 tablespoon of the sunflower (or saffron, or vegetable) oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds toasted in a dry pan until lightly browned, just a couple minutes.
- 2 tablespoons of chipped fresh cilantro leaves plus a bit more for garnish.
- Whisk the first 5 ingredients in a large measuring cup.
- Arrange the vegetables in a medium-sized roasting pan, or baking dish.
- Pour marinade over the vegetables, reserving 2 tablespoons for drizzling over completed dish.
- Allow veggies to marinate for at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- Remove veggies from marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in saute pan.
- Add veggies and saute for 5 minute until cooked (go a little longer, if you like them nice and caramelized)
- Toss the veggies with the cooked soba noodles, toasted sesame seeds and cilantro.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Drizzle with reserved marinade.
- Garnish with additional cilantro.
- Serve nice and warm!