These loaded twice baked potatoes are truly LOADED with flavor. Don’t have these when you’re on a a big diet. But you should have them when you’re in the mood to serve a flavor explosion. Yes, they are that good.
Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes
These loaded twice baked potatoes are amazing! Exploding with flavor with every bite.
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: American
- 4 lager russet baking potatoes, well scrubbed.
- ½ cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons of fresh chives, chopped
- 11/2 cups of sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- Spuds should feel soft when you squeeze them, but not too soft.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes, until they are cool enough to handle.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop most of the potato flesh into a mixing bowl (leaving enough potato in the skin to form a sturdy shell).
- Add the butter to the mixing bowl with the warm potato pulp and stir gently with a fork until the butter melts.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together while smashing the potato pulp. (It doesn't have to be perfectly smooth...good if it's a bit lumpy).
- Gently mound the potato mixture in the shells and return the stuffed potatoes to the oven.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.