This La Paloma Cocktail recipe is a fantastic libation that rivals the margarita in popularity down south of the Rio Grande!
And after one sip, you’ll understand why!
Ole! The history of the La Paloma is a little murky, sort of like a night after a great fiesta. But you can learn more about its history here.
This cocktail is one of those that truly is as beautiful in looks as it is in taste. It reminds of us a beautiful sunset on the Mexican coastline.
And then of course the taste just can’t be beaten. It’s ideal for brunch, lunch, and dinner, too!
Watch the Loon concoct this absolutely delicious La Paloma Cocktail for Kris!
This is the perfect brunch cocktail to serve when you’re going doing it a little Mexican-style.
We suggest Heavenly Huevos Rancheros as the absolutely perfect dish to serve with the cocktail.
Take one look at this dish…wouldn’t you agree?
We also love making a big batch of this concoction and serving it for a lovely poolside party. The best!
Now, go forth and make this wonderful La Paloma Cocktail!
And when you make this gorgeous cocktail, be sure to take a photo, post it on Instagram, and tag @howtofeedaloon and hashtag #howtofeedaloon!
La Paloma Cocktail
- 1½ shots white tequila 1.75 oz white tequila (tequila blanco)
- 2½ shots grapefruit juice 3.75 oz grapefruit juice
- 1 tsp simple syrup equal part water and sugar brought a boil, sugar dissolved and cooled
- Fresh grapefruit cut into wedges, for garnish
- Rim a highball glass with coarse sea salt and add ice.
- Add a few cubes of ice to your cocktail shaker, and add the tequila, grapefruit juice and simple syrup. Shake for about 30 seconds.
- Strain into prepared glass and garnish grapefruit wedge.