Jalapeño-Lime Slaw is such a nice, simple twist on classic coleslaw.
You can control how much heat goes into this slaw by how much jalapeno you use. I think half a jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, adds just the right amount of zing.
JALAPEÑO-LIME SLAW IS EASY TO MAKE
This slaw is so fresh and wonderful in its simplicity.
Fresh green cabbage is the way to here, although you could use the bagged variety, in a pinch.
Cut the core out of the cabbage, and then slice into strips. Give it a couple more chops to make the slaw have bite-sized pieces.
As mentioned, you can increase the heat of the slaw by adding more chopped jalapeño. We do recommend removing the seeds and the ribs from the inside of the pepper.
DOUBLE THE RECIPE IF FEEDING A CROWD
This Jalapeño-Lime Slaw is so refreshing and is perfect on our incredible Mahi-Mahi Tacos.
And it just gets better after it sits in the fridge overnight!!
NOTE: If you are feeding a crowd, this recipe can be doubled or tripled very easily. Every time we serve this we are amazing at how quickly it goes.
- 4 cups green cabbage finely shredded
- 1 tbsp salt plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 fresh jalapeno cored, seeded and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Put the cabbage in a colander set over a bowl or in the sink, toss with the salt, and let sit for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, pepper, and cilantro.
- Gently squeeze the cabbage to remove any excess moisture.
- Still with the cabbage in the colander, run cold water over it, tossing it a bit to remove excess salt.
- Add the cabbage to the dressing and toss to coat. Taste and add a pinch of salt, if needed.
- Let sit at least 30 minutes (and up to 1 day) before serving.