This Italian Tuna and White Bean Salad is so refreshing and just delicious. The fact that it’s healthy is another bonus. Look for solid packed tuna in olive oil. Cento is a common brand that is found in most supermarkets. Definitely go for quality here. It elevates the flavor of this salad considerably. And we just love the toasty bread crumb topping. It adds such a nice texture to the salad. This one is a keeper, for sure! 130% Loon Approved!
OTHER AWESOME TUNA RECIPES TO TRY
We love tuna so much, and here are few more of our favorite dishes that start tuna!
In the meantime, let’s make this amazing Italian Tuna and White Bean Salad!
Italian Tuna and White Bean Salad
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 15 oz. can white cannelloni beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 2 celery ribs finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 2 cans 5 or 6 oz. tuna, preferably Italian olive oil-packed, drained and coarsely flaked
- 2 heads butter lettuce roughly chopped
FOR THE MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add the bread crumbs and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, just until crumbs begin to brown, about minutes.
- Add the garlic, remove from the heat, and stir for 1 minute.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a bowl, or a jar, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper. Add the 1/3 cup oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly, or shaking vigorously with the jar closed (if using a jar). The dressing should be smooth and emulsified.
- In a large bowl, add the beans, parsley, celery, onion, and tuna. Pour the vinaigrette over the mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Arrange the lettuce on individual plates, or one large serving platter and top with the tuna and bean mixture.
- Sprinkle the toasted bread crumbs over the top and serve at once.