These incredible chili cheese dogs are so over-the-top good, you’ll have to stop your grilling celebrations to pay homage to their deliciousness. Take it to the top with Wagyu beef wieners from www.foodshedexchange.com. Holy smokes…these are good. Top with you favorite toppings. I have to go with my Mom’s chili (recipe included). Happy times, y’all!!! 100% Loon Approved!!
Incredible Chili Cheese Dogs
FOR THE CHILI
- 1 lb ground beef I like 80% lean
- Salt and pepper to taste (you'll add more later)
- 1 28 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup quality chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Adobo seasoning
- 1 tbsp of Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black peper
- 1 cup beef stock
FOR THE HOT DOGS
- 4 Wagyu beef hot dog wieners or your favorite hot dog!
- 4 New England style hot dog buns
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Your favorite toppings including chopped onions, jalapenos, etc.
MAKE THE CHILI
- Cook the hamburger over medium heat until brown and no longer brown, drain in colander to remove excess fat. Salt and pepper to taster.
- Add tomato sauce, paste, seasonings and stock, and cook for an hour.
MAKE THE HOT DOGS
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook the hot dogs until they are done to you liking...we love 'em slightly charred.
- Grill the buns until nice grill marks appear on the outside of the buns.
- Add the wieners, then a good dose of the chili, and then cheese. And then top with your favorite toppings.
- Serve at once, and enjoy!