How to Make The Perfect Vinaigrette shows you exactly how to do just that! A Vinaigrette has a pretty standard formula that honestly works every time. It’s basically a ratio, which is 3 to 1: 3 parts oil and 1 part vinegar. Use that formula as a basis…but you can be flexible, especially as you start to add more ingredients.
Here, you’ll see just how easy it is to make an incredible vinaigrette dressing…so easy, the Loon can do it…and does! Here the Loon is making a wonderful Honey Mustard Vinaigrette, and Kris is making an incredible Asian Strawberry Vinaigrette. Also included below is a link to our favorite Balsamic Vinaigrette. They all are wonderful in their own way…and so easy to make!! You’ll never buy the bottled stuff again! 100% Loon Approved!
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon quality honey
- A pinch each of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons quality olive oil
- Mix together the mustard, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in medium jar (with a lid).
- Pour in the oil.
- Either whisk together until fully incorporated, or add lid and shake vigorously. The dressing will be fully blended, or emulsified.
Balsamic Vinaigrette (click title for the full recipe)
Strawberry Vinaigrette (click title for the full recipe)