We have to be honest here…we have no idea what AJA stands for in this AJA Spice Cocktail. But this drink is so amazingly good. It seems like it would pack a lot more heat than it does, but it’s very easy to drink (responsibly!). Wesley picked this recipe up from an awesome bartender years ago, and has perfected it. It’s really, really good!
How to Make an AJA Spice Cocktail
- 5 - 7 jalapeno slices
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 slices of fresh ginger
- 3 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz tequila blanco white tequila
- 1 oz orange liqueur Cointreau is nice
- Add 2 -4 jalapeno slices, dash of chili powder and ginger to a dry tin and muddle gently.
- Once the aroma of jalapeno hits the air, add pineapple juice, tequila and orange liqueur.
- Add 20 pieces of ice (or 1 scoop of a 16-ounce shaker)
- Shake for a count of 20 and pour into a double old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with remaining jalapeno and chili powder.