How to Make a Tallulah Cocktail shows you how to make the perfect tailgating drink! Wesley has taken this classic Southern libation and made it into something really amazing.
I mean how can you go wrong with Coca-Cola, Peanuts and Whiskey?
Hello? Start with an easy-to-make peanut syrup (called an orgeat) the morning of when you plan to serve (or even earlier), and then the assembly is super easy.
Such a surprisingly delicious drink! Sure to please without a doubt! Woo hoo!
How to Make a Tallulah Cocktail
FOR THE ORGEAT (OR PEANUT SYRUP
- 2 cups roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 oz brandy can use vodka instead
FOR THE COCKTAIL
- 1.5 oz. whiskey
- Cola for topping off drink
MAKE THE ORGEAT
- Pulverize peanuts (a food processor works very well).
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Allow to boil for 3 minutes.
- Add peanuts and simmer over low heat for another 3 minutes.
- Gradually increase heat until near boiling.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 6 hours (up to 24).
- Strain through cheesecloth (or fine mesh sieve), discarding peanuts.
- Add brandy (or vodka), stir to combine.
MAKE THE COCKTAIL
- Add ice to rocks glass
- Add 1.5 ounces (1 shot) or orgeat.
- Add the whisky and top with cola.
- Stir until combined.