This a wonderful sauce for serving with grilled steak…or how we really love it…with freshly steamed dumplings. The spicy, salty, and sweets flavors are typical of Thai dishes…full-on bold flavors. Just so good.
Hot and Sweet Thai Sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fish sauce*
- 2 tsp Thai chili sauce*
- 2 green onions scallions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp palm sugar** or brown sugar
- *found in the Asian section of your local super market
- **found at an Asian market
- Measure the soy sauce into a cup.
- Add the cornstarch and stir until it dissolves completely (this will be the thickener for the sauce)...set aside.
- Pour the chicken stock into a medium sauce pan.
- Add the fish sauce, chili, green onion, lime juice, and sugar to the saucepan...bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the reserved soy mixture.
- Stir occasionally until the sauce thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve warm with Thai grilled fish or meats, or with fresh dumplings